Grace went to CJ’s first parent-teacher conference yesterday. I really didn’t think it was necessary, but I was surprised by all of the things they had to say that weren’t in this letter.
- His painting strokes have progressed to lines.
- He is shockingly independent.
- He finishes his lunch by himself and is proud of it.
- When he needs to use the potty, he shuts the door behind him and wants privacy and does it all by himself.
- He listens to instructions well and loves to sing and participate.
- He shares…he shares!
- He gets upset when someone is sitting in his favorite chair, lol!
When Grace told me these things, I was stunned because most of this is opposite to how he acts at home. Nonetheless, I’m so thankful for CJ’s growth and love for school. Grace and I were worried for him, but he’s learned so much since entering school and we can’t imagine how things would be if he hadn’t.