Below are my goals from 2013 which in hindsight look very tame. And I was right, most of them were very attainable.
- Lose the 10-13 pounds that I gained since losing 30 pounds in 2012. Fail. I was good up until Tough Mudder, and then afterwards I just went all out on fried chicken and french fries.
- Achieve at least a 50% geometry regents passing rate. I scored a 65% passing rate!
- Have CJ talking and writing like Abraham Lincoln and drawing like Bob Ross. CJ is a bit behind on this, but that’s okay. At least his cognitive skills are off the charts! 🙂
- Watch Man of Steel in the theater…twice! Once, and not as great as I had hoped.
- Go on our second family vacation that one-ups our Philly 2012 horror trip. Turks & Caicos!
- Win the second annual Living Faith Softball Tournament. Fail. But the LFCC vs. King’s Cross game was pretty epic…except for me.
- Start and finish Batman: Arkham City. Done. Nothing extravagant.
- Catch up on Naruto Shippuden. Best show on earth.
- Go to a Mets game. I had no ambition to watch the lowly Mets in person.
- Go to a Yankees game. I enjoyed this…except for Yasiel Puig.
- Finish Tim Keller’s The Meaning of Marriage. I can’t remember why this was a goal, but done nonetheless.
- Read the Bible. Did I say 2013? I meant 2014.
- More Luke’s Lobster. Surprisingly more than a few times.
- Be more gracious. I don’t know. I hope so. Only Jesus knows.
By far, 2013 was an excellent year all because of what the good Lord has been doing; stretching and challenging me to confront sin in my life, growing and maturing my marriage, molding me into a father, and experiencing revival within my church and community. Tomorrow, I’ll post my goals for 2014.